Would you like an eMail each month when this page is updated?
Click here and ask to be notified whenever a new “What’s New” page is added.
(Photocredit: CDC Public Health Image Library)
COVID-19 OUTBREAK TEMPORARY POLICY
and MESSAGE from
(Photocredit: CDC Public Health Image Library) (Photocredit: CDC Public Health Image Library)
THE MAR VISTA ANIMAL MEDICAL CENTER
First and foremost we wish to express our intention to remain open during the outbreak crisis and honor our duty to serve this community to the best of our ability. We all have to adapt to changes in the rules for the time being and, to that effect, we have some new policies:
- We are cutting back our hours to 3PM during the outbreak crisis, though, at present, we remain open 7 days a week.
- When possible, please consider having your medications, pet food, and parasite products shipped to you so as to forward the "safer at home" policy. Our direct On-line pharmacy link is:
We recognize there are many on-line pharmacies but using our direct partner will afford the least delays
in processing your requests.
- You may continue to pick up products at our hospital but payment will be over the phone when possible and your products will be brought to you in your car. When you arrive in the parking lot, please call our office at 310-391-6741 to indicate you are here and, if possible, inform us in advance as to the time you plan to arrive.
- As for actual patient care, we have switched to a "drop off" model for the duration of the crisis. All appointments should be scheduled for a specific time. Call from your car to tell us you are here and wait there for a staff member to pick up your pet. (Our phone number is 310-391-6741.) The doctor will examine your pet and talk to you over the phone with results and recommendations. Payment will be by phone and your pet will be returned to you in your car.
- IF YOU HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO COVID-19 OR IF YOU ARE INFECTED OR IF YOU HAVE RESPIRATORY SYMPTOMS YOU MUST INFORM US OF THIS. In these situations, someone else should bring the pet and only non-elective pet situations can be served.
- We have been asked to postpone whatever elective procedures can be postponed until the crisis is over. If you are not sure if you have a postponable issue, please call and we can figure it out.
- We will be honoring vaccination clinic prices 7 days a week, in an effort to reduce foot traffic on Sundays.
- As the situation is fluid and rules may change, please consider "Liking" us on Facebook so that you can receive regular bulletins.
Please allow 24 hours for medication refills.
Please wait in your car for service.
Please practice social distancing whenever possible.
Please bear with us during the crisis.
We thank each and every one of you for your support.
COVID-19 FAQ FOR PET OWNERS:
THE CDC'S VIEW ON PETS LIVING WITH INFECTED PEOPLE:
YOU CANNOT GET COVID-19 FROM YOUR PET.
DON'T FORGET TO "LIKE" US ON FACEBOOK SO YOU CAN GET TIPS AND LINKS
TO HELP BRING YOUR PET THE BEST POSSIBLY CARE.
Popular Topics from Past Newsletters